This Article will lead you through the process of Configuring your School Email in Outlook 2011 for Mac.
1. Open Microsoft Outlook and Click on the “Outlook” Button in the Top Left of your Window then Select “Preferences”, as shown below.
2. Your Outlook Preferences will now appear in a pop up window. Select “Accounts” in the top row, highlighted below.
3. A second pop up window will appear where you will see any other Accounts currently using Outlook. In order to add your School account, please select “Exchange Account”, highlighted below.
4. You will now be asked to Enter your Exchange account information, prior to doing so, please unselect the “Configure Automatically” option, highlighted below.
5. Once you have unselected the “Configure Automatically” option, you can enter your account information as required. Please note, the “Server” field is mail.oakhill.nsw.edu.au as shown below.
Once your window look as the image above, with your respective account information, please hit “Add Account”.
6. You will now be taken back to the Window shown in Step 3 where you will see your Account has been successfully added. As shown below.
7. By Default your Account Description will be “Edu”, you are able to change this by selecting the current text and editing over it. As shown below.
Once you have changed your description, hit enter and you will notice it change in the left hand column.
8. Once you have successfully completed the above steps, open your Microsoft Outlook again and you will see your Mailbox appear on the left and all your Mail and Folders will begin synchronising. As shown below.
Should you have any issues with this, please email the ICT Helpdesk by using the following link: Email the Helpdesk