How to Archive OLD mark books in Sentral – 3 steps to success!
STEP ONE – Exporting To Excel
1. Click on Mark book link in drop down menu.
2. Ensure you have labeled your mark book with the YEAR e.g. 2014 in front of the mark book name.
3. Select the mark book and export to an excel file and store on faculty/school hard drive as a back up.
a) Click on the mark book in question and then on the first class in the list.
b) Click on the ALL students menu option
c) Click on EXPORT
d) Save file to school/faculty hard drive.
STEP TWO – Make a copy of the mark book structure for use in next year.
4. Select the mark book you want to copy
5. Click on COPY STRUCTURE in the menu options
6. Enter the details as demonstrated in the sample below using your own course information. Note: You will need to create a new category for 2015 courses.
7. Go back to your overall Faculty mark book and your new mark book should have appeared!
8. Open new mark book and add classes. Note: This can only be done once the new year/timetable is in place.
9. Once classes are in you can click on the reimport students option in the menu and the mark book will be ready to add data. Note: This can only be done once the new year/timetable is in place.
STEP THREE – Arching old mark books
10. Now Click on the Archives menu link – left hand side of the mark book page.
11. Select Faculty Archives and scroll down until you find the mark book you want to archive.
12. Highlight the classes within the mark book you’d like to archive.
13. Scroll down the page until you see the Create Archive green tab.
14. Click OK if you are ready to archive and make NO MORE CHANGES TO YOUR MARK BOOK.
Should you have any issues with this, please email the ICT Helpdesk by using the following link: Email the Helpdesk